Sunday, September 25, 2011

Eleventh Dream Day, Riot Now (side A)

I like Eleventh Dream Day most when they emphasize their more aggressive side, both through more raw mixes/production and through relying more on their faster songs.  I'm thus thrilled with Riot Now!, and not just because of the excellent painting of Matt Rizzo grocery shopping on the cover.  Where some of their albums have very pristine mixes, Riot Now! reminds me more of early '80s albums like the Gun Club's Fire of Love or the first Green on Red 12".  If anything, I wish it were a bit more polished, which works well for EDD (I do wish the vocals were a bit quieter most of the time).  Where records like Eighth rely more on mid-tempo songs, Riot Now! features a lot of faster tempos with drive and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment